Nigeria Police confirm scores dead in Maiduguri bomb blast

More than 35 persons died following a twin car bomb explosions  on Saturday in Maiduguri, near  Ngomari-Bulumkutu, the state police command has said.

As at 8 p.m. on Saturday, the News Agency of Nigeria quoted the Commissioner of Police in Borno, Lawal Tanko, as saying that 35 bodies had been evacuated so far but that more were still being moved.

“We are still counting, so far we have counted 35 bodies. Our men are still working with rescue workers at the scene,” Mr.  Tanko said.

Witnesses told newsmen that the bombs were neatly packaged inside a firewood truck, believed to have been brought into Maiduguri from the Sambisa Forest in Dam Boa Local Government Area.

The witness, Mohammed Buba, said the blasts occurred around 6 p.m. when most residents were preparing for the evening prayer. Read more

About Author: Integrity Org

Integrity Organization is committed is an anti-corruption, research and advocacy organization. Its activities are centered on the aim to reduce the tolerance for corruption in Nigeria.

Leave a Reply

Like us on Facebook

Projects