Dear Esteemed Stakeholders,
We commend the various efforts of the Government, both at Federal and State levels and Medical Practitioners who have put their lives on the line to care for patients and curb the spread of the virus.
Just a reminder to encourage us to play our part during this period to ensure the desired resultant effect, which is to ultimately stop the spread of the virus.
As advised by our health professionals, please remember to observe personal & respiratory hygiene by:
- Washing your hands with soap & water for at least 20 seconds under running water several times a day. You can use this WHO video to guide you.
- In the absence of clean, running water, use hand sanitizers on your hands until it is dry.
- Coughing/sneezing into your elbows
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose and mouth
- Wipe/disinfectall surfaces, door handles etc.
In addition to the above, you can take also take the following steps:
- Observe social distancing by staying at home and avoiding non-essential trips outside your home, crowded places or anyone with flu-like symptoms. It is also safer to ensure at least 3 meters between you and anyone for now.
- Improve your immunity level by eating healthy and balanced meals. As much as possible, ensure you have healthy food and first aid materials readily accessible in your home.
- Stay calm and be abreast of confirmed information from the @NCDCgov, Fmohnigeria and @LSMOH Twitter handles.
- Also visit the NCDC website for more information or contact them on the toll free number 080097000010 to make enquiries.
- Maintain social distancing
Just as countries recovered (within a year) from one of the deadliest pandemics to ever hit the world in 1918, we are optimistic and hope that with the improved knowledge of science and technology the world currently has, this phase will pass in a shorter period.
However, we are not oblivious of the effects / changes that we will need to make in our lifestyle and social interactions going forward. As a responsible organisation,we have put in place health/ safety measures to guarantee the safety of our participants at all our future events.
These plans will be shared with you in subsequent correspondences.
Please stay safe. WE need you and The World needs you!