From the 18th to 23rd of March, Integrity Organization facilitated a series of training programs for civil society organizations on how to engage the private sector. The program was organized in partnership with Action Aid Nigeria, and with support from UK Aid.
The objectives of the course were as follows:
- To enable CSOs to clearly distinguish the motivations and modus operandi of the private sector;
- To clearly articulate the opportunity for private sector engagement that exists for Civil Society Organizations;
- To be able to identify stakeholders of a given issue, map and analyze them;
- To identify platforms and channels for engagement of private sector actors;
- You should be able to devise tactics for getting heard.
Participants included a wide selection of representatives from Civil Society Organizations and both traditional and new media organizations.