TERMS OF REFERENCE
|Job Role:||Information Technology (IT) Support Officer|
|Job Role:||Part-time Consultant|
|Effective Start Date:||As soon as possible|
|Duty Station:||F.C.T – Abuja|
OBJECTIVE/PURPOSE OF ENGAGEMENT
Maintaining hardware and software, managing data, internal service while providing solutions to IT matters concurrently. To provide support in the smooth running of computer systems, routers, switches, internet and ensure users get maximum benefits from them.
SCOPE OF WORK AND KEY TASK
1. Hardware maintenance
- Maintain and monitor computer systems and other electronic devices, including documentation of hardware failure, installation, repair and replacement.
- Support the IT Manager in ensuring all IT equipment used on the project are functional.
- Frequently update IT equipment with recommended software updates and patches.
2. Website development, update and management
- Redesign and update organisation’s websites and web pages based on business requirements.
- Oversee the functionality of the website, evaluate and manage website performance, facilitate hosting and server management, and develop, maintain and update website content.
- Analyse traffic to the site, review statistics, monitor analytics, produce progress report and analysis of the websites’ operations and system statistics.
- Create and setup email for organisation staff, including mail server management.
3. Software updates and management
- Provide support in coordinating the resources and processes required to deliver new software or update existing products.
- Supports IT Manager and team members with user interface (UI) development and frontend coding.
4. Data management
- Supervise the organisation’s data systems and networks including storing and analysing data while also safeguarding the organisations’ security and confidentiality standards.
- Ensure that the Company’s online and offline content/documents are adequately backed up; propose and provide security against internal/external threats to the organisation’s critical infrastructure.
5. External licenses
- Manage software licenses, optimize and plan them; manage large amount of data that can be used for software purchasing, consolidation and licensing.
6. Internal service management
- Resolve network issues, manage and deliver IT services to meet the needs of the organisation. To ensure that the appropriate processes and technology are in place to provide value.
- Install diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and applications problems. To conduct periodic system maintenance & administrations.
- To be the liaison between IT partners and the Company on any issues pertaining the Company’s online presence where the need arises.
- Support the admin to keep a record of all dues, fees, subscriptions, anti-virus costs and renewal dates and ensure prompt payments and renewals of all website management functionalities.
7. IT technical advice for programmes
- Provide support to implement IT initiatives on the organisations’ projects; articulating problems and needs, assessing solutions and ensure implementation of all approved roadmaps.
- Provide IT support services in the production and broadcast on Integrity Radio including airing replays.
- Ensure that all IT resources required for implementing Integrity Radio are always available.
- To make recommendations regarding strategies for engaging audiences with new media and new communications technologies.
- Perform other duties requested by the management.
The personnel will report to the Information Technology (IT) Manager.
IT SUPPORT OFFICER COMPETENCIES, EXPERIENCES AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Candidates wishing to apply for this assignment should be resident in Abuja;
- At least a first degree or its equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, Business Information System or its equivalent.
- Between 3 – 5 years working/practical experience (candidates who possess this have added advantage) in software/web development/database design & development, including client support in the area of information technology and/or networking environment.
HOW TO APPLY
The application should be sent to email@example.com no later than 26th October 2021 at 12Noon. Applications received after this time will not be opened or considered.
Your application should detail:
- A cover page;
- Curriculum Vitae (CV);
- Please quote “Application for IT Support Officer” and your name in the subject line of your email.